Thursday, June 5, 2008

Perdu Needs a Playmate

When we get up in the morning, it’s very calm around our house. Usually my person gets up and takes us outside. Sometimes I don’t even go outside with everyone else. I sneak back under the bed and take a nap until it’s time to eat. This morning Perdu had a different plan. He started pulling on my leg wanting me to play. I was too tired so I barked him away. Then he started running around the house trying to get someone else to play with him. He jumped over Miles a couple of times. Finally Miles snapped Perdu in the leg. Then when he was running, he slid into Honey and knocked her over. She was so mad she snapped him in the rear. Even Mack was too tired to play. Poor Perdu couldn’t find anyone to play with him.

Finally Perdu had an idea. He’d get my person to play with him. But How? While my person was getting ready to go to work, Perdu jumped up on the bed and grabbed a sock and ran out the door. My person came running after him trying to get the sock back. Perdu started running around the yard in circles with the sock hanging from his mouth. My person wasn’t very happy standing there in one sock watching Perdu running in circles and trying to bark with a sock in his mouth. I thought it looked like fun so I started chasing Perdu and trying to get the sock. Pretty soon Honey and Mack joined in. Finally Honey got the sock and ran from Perdu. He started chasing Honey to get the sock back. They played tug-o-war with my person’s sock. We were all now wide awake. Even Dudley tried to get the sock. Everyone was barking and pulling on the sock. It was the most fun I’ve had in a long time. Now my person really wasn’t happy and went to put on a different pair of socks. Perdu must have felt bad. He brought the sock back to my person and put it on the bed. My person started laughing. We made that sock as big as four socks. It’s just like getting two extra pairs of socks. My person is so lucky to have us.

No comments: