Saturday, May 31, 2008

Perdu Goes To The Vet

Perdu had to go to the vet today. When my person got him from the pound, Perdu went straight to the vet’s office and had an operation so he couldn’t make any more puppies. Today Perdu had to have his stitches taken out. We’ve all had that operation. My person told me there are too many dogs. That’s why the pound has to make some of them go to sleep. We like having puppies here, but all of the puppies have an operation so they don’t have any puppies either.

On the way home from the vet my person saw a little black dog almost get hit by a car. My person got out of the car and picked up the little doggy. My person asked a worker who was mowing someone’s lawn if it was his dog. The man said no, so my person took the little black dog to the vet to see if it had a chip inside her. We all have a chip in case we get lost. If someone finds us, the chip place will call my person and say we were found. If we end up in the pound, they won’t make us go to sleep until they let my person know we are there.

KC, my friend at the vet’s office, checked for a chip on the little black dog, and what do you know she had one. KC called the phone number the chip company gave her and the lady who answered the phone said it wasn’t her dog. She lived in Colorado and her dog was sitting in her lap. This happened when I took my three week walk. My person found another little white dog like me and the dog had a chip. Only one problem, the chip was wrong. The records said the chip belonged to another dog. My person tells people when their dog gets a chip put in to have the vet check the number to be sure it’s correct. Nothing like thinking the chip is right and finding out in a very sad way that it was wrong all along. My person also tells people if they move to have their contact information updated with the chip company. If the phone doesn’t work anymore, the chip company can’t call.

Since the chip number was wrong on the little black dog, my person had to bring her home. She didn’t like Perdu very much. She growled at him. Maybe she’d never seen a poodle before. She liked me though. She followed me all over the house. If I’d go outside she’d be right behind me. I think everybody likes me! I liked the little black dog and was kinda glad she came to our house when she did. Today is bath day. If my person has something else to do, I don't have to get a bath.

My person made up some signs and took the little black dog out and hung them up around the place where she was found. My person was hoping to find her owner out looking for her. No luck. The little black dog came back to our house for an unscheduled play date.

Just a few minutes ago a woman called my person. Her little black dog was missing and she found one of the signs. They thought their dog was sleeping under the bed and then found out she wasn’t in the house. My person asked the lady if the dog was wearing a collar. The lady said yes, and the dog’s name was Touchdown. My person laughed and said, “That explains the Miami Dolphins collar she’s wearing. The lady started screaming. She was so excited my person found Touchdown. They came to our house right away. Touchdown was very glad to see them. My person was very glad they got their little black dog back too. We have enough dogs already. Guess where Touchdown lives, in the house where the man was working in the yard. The workers must have let her out and didn’t notice. My person told me it happens all the time. We’re all glad Touchdown got back home safely and didn’t get hit by that car.

If you’re keeping track, that’s the third dog we’ve found in one week. My person said, “We’re not leaving the house the rest of the weekend.” I don’t know why, it’s always fun to have new friends at our house. Wonder if I'll still have to take a bath?

No comments: