Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I Smell A ...

Every morning my person takes me for a walk. There’s always something for us to sniff and of course pee on. The other day we saw a very funny puppy waddling up the sidewalk. My person’s been on the lookout for a missing dog in our neighborhood so we started to walk closer to the funny puppy. As we got closer, the puppy climbed up the steps to a house. Now you have to understand something before I go on. My person is supposed to wear glasses, but rarely does. In the morning when it’s still kind of dark my person is pretty much blind as a bat. Now back to my story. As my person started following the puppy up the steps, I smelled something funny. It didn’t smell like a puppy at all. When we got closer to the door, I realized I’d smelled that smell before and I wasn’t getting any closer. There sitting against the door was a possum, now turned facing us, hissing, and showing me all those sharp teeth. Honey’s scared of her own shadow. There was no way she was getting close to that ugly little thing. She backed up and we got the heck out of there.

This morning Honey and I were out on our morning walk. The sun was barely starting to come up. It was still pretty dark and where we live, they don’t believe in street lights. My person was listening to the radio and watching a bunny sitting in a yard. Sometimes we play a game to see how close we can get to the bunnies before they run away. We kept getting closer to the bunny and it didn’t move. All of a sudden my person kicked something and let out a yelp. What my person had kicked was a rat that was now running frantically trying to get away from us. The only problem was the rat couldn’t figure out from under two human feet and eight fluffy white legs. My person was lifting our leashes and pulling us quickly. Honey and I were trying to see what all the commotion was about. When we got a little further down the sidewalk my person said, “I’m surprised you didn’t eat it.” Eat it?!? I had to smell it! I wasn’t about to eat it! I think it’s time my person starts wearing glasses in the morning.

No comments: