Monday, May 26, 2008

Farah the Big Brown Dog


We have mice in our yard. Mack and I like to chase them when we find them. My person doesn’t want to kill Walter or Trudy or make us sick, but also doesn't want the mice living here. We can’t put a kill trap outside or use poison. My person went and got a live trap to keep all of us safe. When one of the mice is in the trap, my person takes them to a field and lets them go.

Today when my person was letting a mouse go, a big dog named Farah came up to greet my person. Poor Farah was lost. Luckily Farah had a collar with tags so my person could call her people and tell them Farah was lost. When my person called, Farah’s person said they were visiting friends an hour away and would come up to get her. I guess Farah likes to dig in her yard. Her people had her tied up in the backyard, but Farah slipped out of her harness and dug out of the backyard. I think Farah really wanted to go for a walk. Farah’s people wanted my person to let Farah go and leave her there until they came to get her. If you know my person, you know that didn’t happen. Farah came to our house.

Since Perdu was not very nice to the ugly brown and white dog the other day, my person was worried about bringing Farah into the house. Farah got tied to a tree outside while my person mowed the lawn. Farah’s people called about an hour later. They were looking for Farah, but couldn’t find her. My person told them where we lived so they could come to get her. My person wasn’t very happy with Farah’s people and was going to “have a talk” with them. When they came, Farah’s people were very happy to see her. Farah’s dad apologized for my person having to bring her home and said, “If there’s ever I anything I can do for you, just let me know. Farah’s dad is a fireman. There’s some people you have to give a break to. A firefighter is one of those people. I hope we never need him for anything.

No comments: