Monday, May 19, 2008

Gracie's Puppies

Boy do I miss Gracie's puppies. Gracie came to stay with us in January. She also brought her five puppies with her. She was supposed to have them at our house, but Gracie couldn't wait, she had them the night before she came. Unfortunately one of Gracie's puppies didn't make it. My person named her Gracie's Angel. The other four puppies did great and we had lots of fun together. The puppies would pull on my tail and my ears at the same time. Most of the time it was fun. Dudley even liked the puppies. Sometimes he'd have to show them who's boss. He'd bark at the puppies if they got in his dog food bowl. Those little puppies would go running as fast as their little legs could go.

Gracie was rescued from a puppy mill that was going out of business. Her puppies were Bichon/Shih-Tzu mix. I guess places like Petland (bleck) call them designer dogs. My person said they were mutts. They sure were cute though. At first we weren't allowed in the room with them. My person would go in there and Gracie would growl at us through the door. I don't know what the problem was, she would run around with us in the backyard, but she sure didn't want us to come in and visit her puppies.

After a few weeks, Gracie decided we could come and meet her puppies. Pretty soon my person moved them into the living room and we all got to play together. Sometimes they pottied on the floor. When I do it, I get in trouble. For some reason, my person never got mad at the puppies.

After a while, all the puppies went away. My person said they all went to their forever homes. We were all really sad when they left. Even my person was sad. I was hoping one of them would get to stay at our house, but my person said, "We already have enough dogs."

Hopefully soon we'll have more puppies at our house.

Perdu comes to visit us tomorrow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Person,

What a beautiful song for those precious puppies. You sing wonderfully!
ke